As of the 5th of November the Government has introduced new national restrictions.
This means that until the restrictions are lifted we will NOT be gathering in the church building.
Sunday Meetings will be online only each from 10:30am at:
our Facebook page
our Youtube channel
For more information on the current restrictions please visit the government website here.
As lockdown restrictions begin to ease, we now feel more comfortable to reopen the Peoples Church once more for Sunday services only for the time being. One in the morning for a communion service and one at 1:00 PM for a family orientated service. Here is what we ask for you to do beforehand and during our Sunday morning services:
- Book in for the week’s service by either contacting the Peoples Church Facebook or by phoning our telephone number.
- Before coming over, if you would like to take part in communion so you can bring your own elements with you to church to share with your household.
- The doors for the Peoples Church will open at 10:00am, then we would be glad to welcome you where one of our volunteers will take you to your specific seat (When inside the church building, you will be required to wear a mask at all times unless you have a pre-existing medical condition or you are too young to wear one).
- When the service starts you can begin to worship with the band and the rest of the congregation, we only ask that you do not sing along as this will help decrease the chance of germs spreading.
- Once the service is over, you wait for one of our volunteers to tell you that you can now leave the building.
- When you are outside and you would like to then to say hello to others that were in the service, then here would be the perfect time to do so.
If you display any of the symptoms for COVID-19 which includes:
- Persistent cough
- Loss of taste or smell
- High temperature
then we do ask that you stay at home and get yourself tested as soon as possible.
For the family service this will take place every other week at 1:00 PM. We ask that you book in also and that parents can come in wearing a mask. During the service there will be:
- Arts & Crafts
If there are any other questions or concerns then please do not hesitate to let us know by messaging us on Facebook or contacting us by our email or phone number.
While we are unable to meet together we are connecting online:
March 18th 2020
There will be no meeting held at the Peoples Church on Sunday 22nd.
We make this difficult short term decision for our long term good.
Again, we take this decision based on Government guidelines and advice of our denomination, Assemblies of God.
In times like this our instinct and history is to draw together but this moment requires us to be apart. But we remain united as the body of Christ.
Sunday 22nd is being called as a national day of Prayer. Our hope is to release some online resource to help us pray in unity.
1. No midweek meetings or Sunday service at the Peoples Church this week.
2. We encourage you to be part of the national day of prayer on Sunday 22nd, wherever you are.
3. Keep being good neighbours and let the light of God shine in your community in this time.
March 17th 2020
In the light of latest government guidelines we will be suspending ALL midweek meetings.
We don’t do this lightly but recognise that in these unusual times we have to make some extraordinary choices. Our hope is to make the best decisions for us all.
In and among the choices we all have to make at the moment lets pray for chances to show the love and grace of God.
Things you can choose to do:
- Pray: for the people you know and love, our community to know peace and health and our government to make wise choices.
- Be kind: can you help someone in some way? Lets look up and out not just down and in.
- Be patient: things will be different and sometimes difficult, lets add to solutions not problems.
- Be gracious: dare to put others first. Perhaps there’ll be enough pasta and toilet roll for us all!
- Be in contact: if you are self isolating let us know. You dont have to do it alone, we can keep you company through phone calls, WhatsApp and facetime or with potential needs.
We will update social media as often as possible to help you know any changes.
An update about our Sunday meeting will be announced soon.
Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer